Thursday, May 18, 2017

Nova Scotia Kinesiologist writes about NAO:

“Studying at NAO changed my life, for the best. While choosing career options in this field, I found NAO. Living in a small rural Nova Scotia town (Clare), I saw myself moving to another province in order to become a manual osteopath.

What I liked the most about NAO is that I was able to apply for the accelerated online program as I was a Kinesiologist. The best part about NAO wasn`t the long distance education but the interaction with professors and mentors from the school. They were all so helpful and they wanted to make sure you exceeded in the program. I had started my program in the spring session, March 2016 and graduated with a diploma in manual osteopathy in August 2016.

The course that was most valuable to me was the business management and ethics classes. I was most scared in taking these two classes from my entire program as I had no prior experience or knowledge about business management. The professor teaching these classes was also the director of NAO, Dr. Shahin Pourgol. His teaching style was the reason I loved the classes so much, they were straight to the point and everything had clear explanations.

This summer I plan on making a big move to another province and starting my career as a manual osteopath. Other ambitions also include enrolling in the D.O. (Spain) program offered through National University of Medical Sciences (NUMSS) in the near future.

Cheryl Pothier, DOMP” 

No comments:

Post a Comment